SPOTLIGHT features tips, treatments, products or people that we think you’ll want to know more about:
Fall is upon us. The leaves are changing colors, mornings and evenings come with a nip in the air and our skin starts to feel a bit dry. When the season changes it’s important to re-evaluate your products to ensure that they are doing their best for you. Here are some ideas to help your skin maintain hydration this winter:
1. Changes can be as simple as adjusting your facial wash or daily moisturizer with SPF. Did you know we offer a Creamy Cleanser from PCA? This gentle cleanser is formulated for normal to dry skin and has many key ingredients to promote calm and hydrated skin this winter. We also offer 7 different daily moisturizers with SPF. Do you have the one that’s right for you this winter?
2. Supplemental, moisture-rich products can be introduced into your current physician-directed skin care program. B5 Hydrating Gel, AM Therapy, Hydra Balm and Melting Moisturizer are but a few. Other moisture intense products include:
* Triple Lipid – formulated with a 2:4:2 concentration of reparative lipids – 2% pure ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol and 2% fatty acids. These ingredients are naturally found in the skin and deplete as we age. The elegant, emollient feel of Triple Lipid will leave your skin feeling plumper, firmer and will improve overall radiance.
* HA Intensifier – a multi faceted product that helps to address skin hydration both above and below the surface. There are 3 main ingredients that make HA Intensifier top of its class:
-Proxylane helps skin create new hyaluronic acid.
-Purple Rice Extract helps skin preserve it’s current hyaluronic acid content.
-Hyaluronic acid gives skin immediate hydration.
3. The Finishing Touch – To supplement moisture through Jane Iredale (the skin care makeup) we carry these hydration intensifying products:
Hydration Sprays – Each spray is formulated to specifically address skincare needs. These finishing sprays will set your make up and leave you feeling clean and fresh.
* D2O – A facial spritz based on Ylang Ylang that helps to hydrate and plump skin cells and contains ingredients to calm and protect the skin.
* Pommisst – A facial spritz with the added benefit of Pomegranate Extract, a powerful antioxidant and UV protector. Hydrates and conditions all skin types.
* Balance – A hydration spritz formulated specifically to help balance skin’s oil production and pH. The added bonus to Balance is Green Tea Extract which is beneficial for acne-prone skin.
Lip Drink – Available now in 4 shades Lip Drink will leave your lips feeling moisturized, protected and refreshed.
Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener – Skin quenching primer that makes makeup go on smoother and last longer. Smooth Affair helps to minimize the appearance of pores and diminishes fine lines. (One of Dr. Ehlert’s faves!)
Winter is tough enough. Don’t go in behind the Eight Ball. Hydrate now and throughout the winter for beautiful, comfortable skin!